pivot-user mailing list archives

From noobmike <mdri...@lakeheadu.ca>
Subject Re: BXML Rendering
Date Wed, 01 Jun 2011 15:43:06 GMT
So I used Edvins advice, although I assumes he meant StringBufferInputStream
because it didnt seem to recognize StringInputStream();

My code is:

 BXMLSerializer bxmlSerializer = new BXMLSerializer();
 @SuppressWarnings("deprecation")
 StringBufferInputStream sbis = new
StringBufferInputStream(dndTextArea.getText());
 Component component = (Component) bxmlSerializer.readObject(sbis);
 mainSplitPane.setRight(component);

which gives the error:

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Window parent must be null or display,
cannot be org.apache.pivot.wtk.SplitPane

so I tried to switch

 Component component = (Component) bxmlSerializer.readObject(sbis);
 mainSplitPane.setRight(component);

which gives me an error:

An error occurred at line number 1:
org.apache.pivot.serialization.SerializationException:
javax.xml.stream.XMLStreamException: ParseError at [row,col]:[1,1]
Message: Premature end of file.

so I think I may have one of 2 problems, either im not setting it to the
rightside of the split pane correctly, or that my streamreader isnt reading
in the text properly. or both. haha.

Thanks for the help and any more help or ideas would be great!

on a side note. when I import java.io.StringBufferInputStream; the
StringBufferInputStream has a line right through the middle of it like its
crossing it off a list. and anytime I use it in the rest of the file it
strikes it out as well. Why is this?