pivot-user mailing list archives

From Roger Whitcomb <RogerandB...@rbwhitcomb.com>
Subject Re: Fill window
Date Sat, 04 Jun 2011 21:47:03 GMT
Hi Edgar,
	Have you looked at the ComponentExplorer demo?  It is very useful for seeing some of these
things.  It is located at: http://pivot.apache.org/demos/component-explorer.html
	But, in short, a BoxPane, generally speaking, takes on the dimensions of its children.  It
is usually a container used to line up components along a vertical or horizontal axis.  But,
if you set the "fill" style to "true", then it will try to fill up the opposite direction
of its axis.  So, a horizontal BoxPane will fill the entire space vertically, and a vertical
one will fill the entire space horizontally.  If you want to fill in both dimensions, then
either a GridPane with one cell or a TablePane with widths and/or heights of "1*" will fill
up the entire space in either or both dimensions.  You can see you to use these from the Tutorial
pages starting here:  http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/

Hope that helps,
~Roger Whitcomb

On Jun 4, 2011, at 5:12 PM, Edgar Merino wrote:

> I just want my components (ImageView or any other) to fill the entire window, what am
I missing here?