pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Use of TableViewMultiCellRenderer
Date Mon, 16 May 2011 17:26:57 GMT
You can draw a ListButton in a TableView using a renderer, but it won't be interactive. As
in Swing, Pivot renderers act like "rubber stamps" - they can only present content, not respond
to user input.

If you need interactivity, you can use an editor. Take a look at the table row editor demo
or the Kitchen Sink demo for some examples.

On May 16, 2011, at 1:03 PM, Roger L. Whitcomb wrote:

> I need to put both ListButtons and Checkbox elements into a TableView.  In looking through
the source, it *looks* like the TableVIewMultiCellRenderer could potentially be used to do
this, but I’m not clear how that would work.  Am I dreaming or is this possible?  What would
the renderer code I would need to write look like?  Or would I have to implement something
like TableViewTextAreaCellRenderer myself (say, a “TableVIewListButtonCellRenderer”)?

> I didn’t find any examples using the TableViewMultiCellRenderer, so I thought I’d
ask.

> Thanks.
>
> Roger Whitcomb
> Architect, Engineering
> Ingres Corporation
> roger.whitcomb@ingres.com
>
> PHONE +1 650.587.5596
> FAX +1 650.587.5550
>
> www.ingres.com
>
> This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the use of the recipient named
above. It may contain confidential, proprietary, or legally privileged information. If you
are not the intended recipient, you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use,
disclosure or distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this transmission
in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete the original transmission and
all copies from your system.