pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Dynamically adding components to a boxpane and ID already used error
Date Sun, 01 May 2011 12:20:16 GMT
Sam,

Calling getWindow() on your PushButton in the ButtonPressListener should
return its parent Window (once the BXML fragment has been loaded *and* added
to MyWindow)

If calling getParent() returns a null, then it suggests that you have not
added the PushButton to its parent Container yet.

Depending on how and where you are creating your ButtonPressListener, you
might be able to just pass in a reference to MyWindow for it to use rather
than looking it up at runtime via getWindow().  However, that would just be
a workaround as getWindow() should work.

It is hard to answer the question without being able to see your code.  Is
there any chance you can attach a simple example demonstrating what you are
doing?
It just needs to show how and where you are creating your
ButtonPressListener that gets a null back from getWindow() or getParent().
Chris