pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: How to use java.util.List backed tree structure with TreeView
Date Fri, 06 May 2011 12:16:06 GMT
If a node implements org.apache.pivot.collections.List, it is considered a branch. Otherwise,
it is a leaf.

On May 6, 2011, at 8:06 AM, Edvin Syse wrote:

> ListAdapter was nice, thanks :)
>
> But how do I express what is supposed to be Leaf nodes and what to be Branch nodes?
>
> -- Edvin
>
> Den 06.05.2011 13:49, skrev Greg Brown:
>> Have you looked at org.apache.pivot.collections.adapter.ListAdapter? You might be
able to use this in conjunction with TreeViewBranchListener to construct your tree nodes from
your backing data structure on demand.

>> On May 6, 2011, at 7:31 AM, Edvin Syse wrote:
>>
>>> I have a tree-structure represented by a list of domain objects. Some of the
domain objects have a "children" property with a java.util.List of children. The TreeView#setTreeData
method takes a org.apache.pivot.collections.List, and I figured I could do:

>>> setTreeData(new ArrayList(myJavaUtilListList.toArray()));
>>>
>>> This works so that I can see the first level of nodes, but I don't know how to
express branch nodes. Also, I would like to lazy load some of the nodes. I think I need to
use the TreeViewBranchListener somehow, but I can't find any documentation or examples.