pivot-user mailing list archives

From Edvin Syse <ed...@sysedata.no>
Subject Re: Maven Archetype
Date Sat, 21 May 2011 16:34:08 GMT
Allright, here goes :)

Unzip the archive and run mvn install to install the quickstart
archetype to your local repo.

To create your first Pivot application do:

mvn archetype:generate -DarchetypeGroupId=org.apache.pivot
-DarchetypeArtifactId=quickstart -DarchetypeVersion=2.0
-DgroupId=com.mycompany -DartifactId=myapp

 From there you can either start the app using Maven like this:

mvn compile
mvn exec:java

Or you can start org.apache.pivot.wtk.DesktopApplicationContext with
com.mycompany.PivotApplication as the first argument from your IDE.

For convenience, a main method is included in
com.mycompany.PivotApplication as well.

Tell me how it goes :) If there is any interest, it would be cool to
create a more complete quickstart that showcases Pivot a bit, and then
push it to the central maven repo.

Sorry for the prententious naming of the archetype :)

-- Edvin