pivot-user mailing list archives

From Rob Shepherd ...@datacymru.net>
Subject Re: Maven Archetype
Date Sat, 21 May 2011 15:22:08 GMT
Thanks Edvin,

However, with regards the specifics of any pivot archetype: I'm not sure :)

I'm actually just investigating whether or not pivot is a suitable
technology to adopt,
and I base my request on the "quickstart" archetype that the Apache
Wicket has developed which does the following.

   1. Sets up  a complete example of the most essential wicket components.
   2. Includes jetty libraries and bootstrapping to quickly just "run"
      the application
   3. A working unit test for the components in (1.)

The benefits are thus:

    * I can quickly get an barebones working wicket application that I
      can easily hack on
    * A build environment with all dependencies is created
    * I can quickly knock up a mini-project to just test an API feature
      or a third party component without dirtying or having to wait for
      the re-build of the huge client application. (From this
      mini-project I can then copy the resulting code out and trash the
      quickstart)
    * Wicket also use quickstarts for raising bugs, with isolated issues.

Unfortunately I only stumbled upon Pivot yesterday and so I don't
anything about what is needed to be included.
Neither do know how to implement an archetype, sorry - ( looks like I'm
just a greedy selfish consumer of such goodies! :) )

However, some sort of minimal working project quickstart would be
beneficial to speed up initial evaluation.

With thanks

Rob

--
Rob Shepherd BEng PhD - Director / Senior Engineer - DataCymru Ltd