pivot-user mailing list archives

From Edvin Syse <ed...@sysedata.no>
Subject Re: Reuse colors from Frame with Form on BoxPane with Form
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 12:59:59 GMT
Thank you for the great explanation. I ran into another problem with
colors though - see the attached screenshot; I have a tab inside another
tab (It looks strange now, but there will be more tabs :), and it would
be nice to have the actual tab in the same color as the BoxPane content.
Do I need to set the background-color on the ButtonData/renderer or
something? I guess I would have to configure the "active tab background
color" to be 10 to make this look good, right?

-- Edvin

Den 11.05.2011 14:19, skrev Greg Brown:
> By default, frames use color 10 from the Terra color palette as a background color, but
tab panes use 11 for their active tab color. The full standard palette is shown here:

> http://pivot.apache.org/2.0/docs/api/org/apache/pivot/wtk/skin/terra/package-summary.html
>
> Though you can use any type of component as a tab in a tab pane, it is common to use
a Border as the tab's root component, which, by default, uses a white background and draws
a 1-pixel border using color 7.

> If you would prefer a different color, you can easily change the background of your tab
(or any other container) by setting the "backgroundColor" style:

> <BoxPane styles="{backgroundColor:10}">
> </BoxPane>
>
> This will set the background to color 10 from the palette. You can also use standard
hexadecimal notation to choose a custom color; e.g. #ffffff. Other color styles can be set
similarly.

> On May 11, 2011, at 6:18 AM, Edvin Syse wrote:
>
>> OK, attached is a screenshot, and a Maven project with both sources and binaries.
I display one nice LoginFrame, and an ugyl version inside Window->BoxPane->TabPane.