pivot-user mailing list archives

From noobmike <mdri...@lakeheadu.ca>
Subject Menu System
Date Fri, 27 May 2011 18:50:31 GMT
Hello again!

Im trying to put a menu system like the "Menu Bars" tutorial on the Apache
Pivot website into the App
that Im making. How ever I dont want it in that format(TabPane) which I dont
think is the problem. As of now I copied the <MenuBar> portion and stuck it
in a TablePane column where I want it to be. This gives me the menu in the
correct spot with a few menu options to choose from. However where the
problem lies
is connecting them to an action. I took the pieces from the java file I
thought were necessary, and also encorperated the <actionMappings> tags from
the .bxml file. But still no luck.

Im also unsure of the point of the double menuBar tags.
<menuBar>
        <MenuBar>

I dont see a namespace for menuBar or anything of that sort, so I am
confused. I know its necessary, because I took it out and the buttons and
window of the original example were much different and didnt work. But I am
unsure of where it comes from.

If anyone can offer help it would be appreciated as always.

Thanks,

Mike.