pivot-user mailing list archives

From noobmike <mdri...@lakeheadu.ca>
Subject Incorperating an RSS Feed into my App
Date Wed, 25 May 2011 15:39:11 GMT
Hello Experts!

Im having trouble putting an RSS feed into my App. I have the example from
the demos working fine, but I cant incorporate it into my existing
dashboard. Essentially I have what I call a dashboard, it is a window that
has many panes located around it. In one particular pane I want to put the
RSS feed, as one of the many "functions" on my Dashboard.

Where I have it and preferably want it is on the right side of a split pane.
When I started experimenting with the RSS feed and putting it into my App, I
tried putting it into an accordion like so:

<bxml:include bxml:id="RSSPanel" src="rss_feed_demo.bxml"
Accordion.headerData="RSS Feed"/>

anyone familiar with the RSS Feed Demo on the Apache Pivot site, knows that
it opens in its own window, which obviously wont work when having an
accordion as its parent.

So I guess Im asking if this can even be done, and if so any ideas?

Thanks.

Mike.