pivot-user mailing list archives

From noobmike <mdri...@lakeheadu.ca>
Subject Re: widgets
Date Wed, 11 May 2011 18:25:37 GMT
Hello again fellas

I tried a bunch of the ideas you suggested and I came up empty, well pretty
much empty.
First I tried the deployment example and I got it to work, but only from the
same way as
before. Running it in eclipse as a pivot application.

Then I tried Launch4j, It took me a while to figure out what was going on,
then I found a
great tutorial online to help me through actually creating the .exe. When I
tried to run it
I get the error "Could not find the main class: DeploymentExample.jar.
Program will exit"
(I named my App DeploymentExample then exported the .jar from Eclipse) I'm
not sure if
this error is telling me it cant find the jar file, or it cant find a main
method in the jar. (I
assume the first, but I added it directly to the Main Class: section of the
Launce4j GUI)

Then I tried some other things like creating a main method and calling the
Startup method
and things of this nature all which didn't really produce anything. So I'm
not to sure of where
to head from here. If anyone has any idea please let me know.

I am curious though, on the Apache site it directly says "Apache Pivot is an
open-source platform for building installable Internet applications (IIAs)."
Does Apache Pivot just supply the ease of creating the
GUI and the ability to use BXML and other JVM Languages? Does it supply any
way of deploying an application like any of the tutorials as a .exe? or as a
widget/gadget.

Thanks

Mike.