pivot-user mailing list archives

From noobmike <mdri...@lakeheadu.ca>
Subject Re: widgets
Date Tue, 10 May 2011 15:51:24 GMT
To gk_brown:

I think they are considered "widgets" for OSX and "gadgets" for Windows.
These are some of the things I mean. My goal is to develop some for learning
purposes. I.E a translator for someone taking a language course. Or an Atlas
for someone taking a geography course... etc.  Here is a website with
something along the lines of what I'm trying to do.

http://www.redmondpie.com/top-5-must-have-desktop-gadgets-for-windows-7/

To Roger:

I think so, but I would be doing it for the Windows equivalent. I do have a
mac as well and could use that, but the person who I am researching for
wants windows "widgets" although I believe she meant "gadgets" now that I
have dove deeper into this topic.

thanks,

Mike.