pivot-user mailing list archives

From noobmike <mdri...@lakeheadu.ca>
Subject Re: Application class name is required.
Date Wed, 04 May 2011 13:32:45 GMT
Oh Really?

that's exactly what I was looking to do in the last half of the day. With
the checkboxes tutorial, I was trying to add a push button to the window as
well, with the same alert as the push buttons example :

Alert.alert(MessageType.INFO, "You clicked me!", CheckBoxes.this);

then I tried adding the listener to the bxml file like so :

<<PushButton bxml:id="pushButton" buttonData="Click Me!"

ButtonPressListener.buttonPressed="Alert.alert(MessageType.INFO, "You
clicked me!", CheckBoxes.this);"/>

this didn't work because of the nested quotes, so then I tried adding it all
programmatically right from the java class by initiating the button then
using window.add(myPushButton); But that also didn't work.

So I guess my question to you is how do you suggest going about this
problem(adding event listeners to buttons, or anything for that matter)
going through the bxml file, programmatically through by implementing
Bindable or both.

Also can you add buttons/checkboxes...etc in the bxml file AND the java
class with window.add(myComponent).

Thanks again for your expertise Greg!