pivot-user mailing list archives

From noobmike <mdri...@lakeheadu.ca>
Subject Re: Application class name is required.
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 17:12:02 GMT
I am using Eclipse Helios (3.6.2) - Eclipse IDE for Java Developers, and I'm
glad I got it installed properly, but I thought if it was installed properly
you wouldn't have to add the .jars each time. Oh well, this isn't the
problem at hand! ha ha.

at first I added what you suggested:

        DesktopApplicationContext.main(PushButtons.class, args);
    }

which told me I had to Typecast it, which I did :

        DesktopApplicationContext.main((Class<? extends Application>)
PushButtons.class, args);
    }

then I had the option to Run > Run As > Java Application. Which I knew
wasn't correct because I want the Run As > Pivot Application. Well I ran it
anyway and got the error :

org.apache.pivot.tutorials.buttons.PushButtons cannot be cast to
org.apache.pivot.wtk.Application
	at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.DesktopApplicationContext.main(DesktopApplicationContext.java:569)
	at
org.apache.pivot.wtk.DesktopApplicationContext.main(DesktopApplicationContext.java:802)
	at org.apache.pivot.tutorials.buttons.PushButtons.main(PushButtons.java:35)

I tried messing around with the Run Configurations, at first it was set to:
org.apache.pivot.tutorials.buttons.PushButtons which gave me the above
error. I know this makes more sense because it is the main class, but I am
just trying everything I can, so I switched it to:
org.apache.pivot.wtk.DesktopApplicationContext this gave me the same error
as before:
Application class name is required.

About adding the main() to my project, my end goal is to make stand alone
IIA's is this the way to go?
I'm not quite sure what goes into finalizing all of that.

Thanks again Greg.