pivot-user mailing list archives

From noobmike <mdri...@lakeheadu.ca>
Subject Application class name is required.
Date Tue, 03 May 2011 13:54:57 GMT
Hello all,

I am extremely new to Apache Pivot(1 day), and have a decent base with
Java(5,6 years). I am currently working through the tutorials on the pivot
site, and have two major problems.

The first being with the HelloWorld example, well really any example. I can
get it to work as an application, but not in the browser. I understand that
I need to use the <applet> tags, and understand all of the code just fine,
but I'm not sure of what type of file to save it as (HTML?) or where to put
it or how to load it.

The second is with the Push Button example. I can get buttons to work(with
out event handlers) simply by using the <PushButton> tag and loading the
BXML file with :

window = (Window)bxmlSerializer.readObject(HelloBXML.class, "hello.bxml");

but when I use the code provided from the website :

public class PushButtons extends Window implements Bindable {
    private PushButton pushButton;

    @Override
    public void initialize(Map&lt;String, Object&gt; namespace, URL
location, Resources resources) {
        pushButton = (PushButton)namespace.get("pushButton");

        pushButton.getButtonPressListeners().add(new ButtonPressListener() {
            @Override
            public void buttonPressed(Button button) {
                Alert.alert(MessageType.INFO, "You clicked me!",
PushButtons.this);
            }
        });
    }
}

I don't understand how the BXML file is loaded and I get the error :
Application class name is required.

Any and all help would be greatly appreciated. I have been scouring the
Internet and cant find any help.

Many Thanks!

Mike.