pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Real-time preview of BXML
Date Tue, 19 Apr 2011 07:13:35 GMT
Sandro,

I have been really busy recently and haven't been able to contribute much
time for Pivot. That is not likely to change for another month or more, so I
can't promise anything.  I think my limited time is probably better spent
helping on the mailing list and with some long overdue commits rather than
tidying up the code for my BXML preview tool.

The point of my email was more to suggest a couple of ideas that are not
that hard to implement, but which others might find useful.

Perhaps a better idea would be to create an enhanced version of the
Component Explorer tutorial which would allow users to select their own BXML
files rather than just the hard coded examples?  It might use a second
DIsplay for the preview window, and show the Component graph in a TreeView
or drill-down ListView.

Yet another option would be to add the 'auto-reload' functionality to the
Eclipse plug-in (or maybe just a keystroke to reload), but that would not
help non-Eclipse users.

Anyway, if I do find time to tidy up and package my code, I would be happy
to contribute it, but unfortunately I just can't predict when that might be.

Chris