pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: android-style list adapter/renderer
Date Thu, 21 Apr 2011 12:26:17 GMT
Ah, OK. If you want layout flexibility, you may want to use TablePane, which behaves much like
an HTML table. TableView is more like a traditional data-driven grid view.

On Apr 20, 2011, at 5:40 PM, Joe Minichino - TechFort wrote:

> cell renderers will do in most cases, I just wanted a little more layout flexibility,
maybe it's just a matter of getting really good with cell renderers :)

> thank you
>
> Greg Brown wrote:
>> I'm not familiar with Android's list view adapter. Pivot's TableView component supports
custom cell renderers - see the KitchenSink demo for an example:
>> http://pivot.apache.org/demos/kitchen-sink.html
>> Is this the sort of functionality you are looking for?
>> On Apr 20, 2011, at 4:37 PM, Joe Minichino - TechFort wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I needed a component to render lists of data, much like the android listview
adapter, so that images and styles could be added when rendering a grid of data, rather than
a plain tableview.

>>> I attached a very basic example (which can be optimized/improved in a million
ways - it's just a proof of concept that i put down in a few mins) - is there already a pivot
component that does that or is it worth  exploring the idea?