pivot-user mailing list archives

From dranzer_duch <alicia.r...@gmail.com>
Subject Appending string to an imported style component.
Date Mon, 25 Apr 2011 11:32:07 GMT
Hi,

I'll start with an example here.

BXML file:

<bxml:define>
	<bxml:include bxml:id="globalStyleSheet" src="globalStyleSheet.json"/>
</bxml:define>
<PushButton bxml:id="next"   buttonData="%next"    preferredWidth="97"
preferredHeight="30" styles="$globalStyleSheet.blueButtonStyle"/>

globalStyleSheet.json

{
	blueButtonStyle: {
	font: "Arial 14",
	borderColor: "#357EC7",
	color: "#ffffff",
	backgroundColor: "#1569C7"
	},
}

The above code snippet works perfectly fine. Now the problem is, when
padding/ horizontalAlignment..etc..becomes associated with the styles
component of BXML.

My purpose is to separate all the styles associated with each component. But
the positioning of each component (padding etc. ) is different for every
screen (There are a set of screens with common component color-font
configuration with different layout of components)

So the problem here is, that how do I specify different padding for
associated component, with the basic color-font configuration being same
(which is picked up from my globalStyleSheet.json)

to be more precise: I want something like this:

<PushButton bxml:id="back"   buttonData="%back"    preferredWidth="97"
preferredHeight="30" styles="{padding:{top:0, left:0, bottom:50,
right:4},$globalStyleSheet.blueButtonStyle}"/>

So how do I append this padding data to my fixed data imported from json?

Thanks,
Aakanksha

-----
Aakanksha