pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: A split pane inside any other pane seems not to work?
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 12:38:43 GMT
> Apparently such a container is non-existent and preferredWidth and preferredHeight has
to be used.

What makes you think that? There are plenty of containers that you could use for this:

Border
GridPane
StackPane
TablePane
TabPane
Window

You have to set an explicit preferred size *somewhere*, but that is generally done at the
top level on Window, either via the "maximized" flag or via the pref. size properties.

> I think I'll just have to listen to width and height changes and then set the preferred
sizes manually.

You can do that, but as I said, it's really not the "right" way to do it.