pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: PushButton Text Wrap
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 13:00:54 GMT
> That didn't appear to work. I created this class:
>
> public class ButtonDataRenderer_wrappedText extends ButtonDataRenderer {
>    public ButtonDataRenderer_wrappedText(){
>        label.getStyles().put("wrapText", true);
>    }
> }
>
> And set the DataRenderer:
>
> PushButton#setDataRenderer( new ButtonDataRenderer_wrappedText())

Is the button in a container that will apply a width constraint to it? Alternatively, have
you given the button a preferred width to wrap to?

> On another topic, I can't seem to bind to objects that have been nested using
> bxml:include. I used to use WTKXSerializer#get() and use a "." in between
> names to deliniate the name spaces. I tried using
> BXMLSerializer.getNamespace().get using the same name structure and it didn't
> work. Has this all changed for 2.0?

Yes, this did change in 2.0. Include variables are now effectively "private" to the include.
This helps promote encapsulation and reinforces the notion of includes as independent modules.

To get the previous behavior, you can add a getter method to your include's root element class
that returns the referenced value.