pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: MDI Kind of implementation simulating JDesktopPane
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 12:17:56 GMT
That's correct - I actually started prototyping something like this a while back, but I never
finished it.

On Mar 9, 2011, at 6:33 AM, Chris Bartlett wrote:

> Pavan,
>
> See this thread
> http://apache-pivot-users.399431.n3.nabble.com/Minimized-Frames-td2117206.html
>
> Currently, if you minimize a Pivot Frame it will disappear from the Display, much as
it would if you called myFrame.setVisible(false).

> If you want to show the minimized frames somewhere you will have to do that yourself.

> For instance to emulate the MS Windows Taskbar you could maybe have a FlowPane or TablePane
at the bottom of the Display, and populate it with instances of a custom Component that renderers
part of the Frame's title.

> If I have some time later today I will try to knock up a quick example and post here.
>
> Chris
>
> On 9 March 2011 15:55, Pavan Vadavalli <pavan.vadavalli@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am looking for help related to create a MDI related Application using Pivot.
>
> I wasnt able to figure about a container  like  JDesktopPane that manages the Forms or
Frames that can be added and can be iconified and closed.