pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: A split pane inside any other pane seems not to work?
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2011 21:48:15 GMT
You don't want to use binding to set the width and height - that's what layout managers are
for. The problem is that SplitPane doesn't have a preferred size (it is 0x0), so you need
to put it in a container that will give it a size regardless of its preferred size value.

On Mar 5, 2011, at 11:41 AM, Daniel Ziltener wrote:

> In that case there is one thing that really is missing: The possibility to bind width
and height (It tells me it isn't possible to use property binding with those)

> 2011/3/5 Daniel Ziltener <zilti@lyrion.ch>
> Yes, that works, thank you.
>
> 2011/3/5 Chris Bartlett <cbartlett.x@gmail.com>
>
> This has come up on the mailing list before, but I can't remember the details off the
top of my head.

> Daniel,
>
> I think you need to provide a preferredWidth & preferredHeight or perhaps minimumWidth
& minimumHeight.

> Anyway, this works for me.
>
> <Window title="Split Pane - Preferred Size" maximized="true" xmlns:bxml="http://pivot.apache.org/bxml"
xmlns="org.apache.pivot.wtk">
> <BoxPane styles="{padding:8}">
> <SplitPane splitRatio="0.5" preferredWidth="400" preferredHeight="400">
> <left>
> <Border title="Left" />
> </left>
> <right>
> <Border title="Right" />
> </right>
> </SplitPane>
> </BoxPane>
> </Window>
>
> Chris
>
> On 5 March 2011 22:42, Daniel Ziltener <zilti@lyrion.ch> wrote:
> I'm trying to put a SplitPane inside a BoxPane, but this doesn't work. I tried literally
everything, from wrapping it inside another container before putting it inside the BoxPane
over manually setting the size but nothing works. It seems like it gets a height of 0, even
when manually setting it to another value. It only seems to work when put in the Window tag
as the only component.