pivot-user mailing list archives

From Simon Chatelain <schat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Activity Indicator in accordion header
Date Mon, 21 Mar 2011 13:28:49 GMT
Hello Chris,

Thank you for your answer but there is still something that I do not
understand.

In fact I tried different approaches: first I had a timer calling
Accordion.setHeaderData() each time with a different icon, and that didn't
work even if setting the header data will definitely invalidate the header's
area, will it not ?  In this case the behavior was the same as with the
ActivityIndicator : refresh only when moving the mouse on the Accordion.

Then I tried to setup a ScheduledCallback directly in my
AnimatedHeaderRenderer to invalidate the ActivityIndicator (by calling
invalidate()), still the same behavior, and finally I set up a
ScheduledCallback in my application, invalidating the Accordion itself but
still no luck.

But if I call myAccordion.repaint() instead of myAccordion.invalidate(),it
works. But I really don't like this solution because it means that I need
not only the AnimatedHeaderRenderer but also a ScheduledCallback at the
level of the class containing the Accordion using the custom renderer.

Other tests I made, in the ScheduledCallback defined in the
AnimatedHeaderRenderer (see attached file for the full code):
public void run() {
                //does not work : parent is always null
//                Component parent =
AnimatedHeaderRenderer.this.getParent();
//                if (parent != null) {
//                    parent.repaint();
//                }

                //does not work : ancestor is always null
//                Container ancestor =
AnimatedHeaderRenderer.this.getAncestor(Accordion.class);
//                if (ancestor != null) {
//                    ancestor.repaint();
//                }

                //does not work : refresh only when hovering the mouse on
the Accordion, immediate or not
//                AnimatedHeaderRenderer.this.repaint();

                //does not work : refresh only when hovering the mouse on
the Accordion
//                AnimatedHeaderRenderer.this.invalidate();

                //does not work : refresh only when hovering the mouse on
the Accordion, immediate or not
//                indicator.repaint();

                //does not work : refresh only when hovering the mouse on
the Accordion
//                indicator.invalidate();
            }

So I do not understand why myAccordion.repaint() works where
myAccordion.invalidate() doesn't. I don't understand either why parent and
ancestor of the AnimatedHeaderRenderer  are always null.

What am I missing ? Do you have any idea about what to do to make it work
from inside the AnimatedHeaderRenderer  class ?

Thanks

Simon