pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TextInput and Validator issues
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2011 20:28:45 GMT
The example overridden isValid() method was just an example of allowing an
empty string without the weird issues that Anton saw with other characters
suddenly being accepted.

I haven't tested it within a row editor, just as a stand alone TextInput
with a custom IntRangeValidator.

A few months back, there were a couple of fairly long threads which resulted
in changes to RowEditors.  Greg tried a few variations, but I can't remember
how it ended up.  I think that it might still need a couple of tweaks to
allow developers to target a specific row for editing.

I think it should be possible to prevent the store() occurring if any values
are invalid. Perhaps with a WindowStateListener on the RowEditor window to
veto the close?  I'll try to take a look tomorrow, but in the mean time, try
searching the nabble archives.

http://apache-pivot-developers.417237.n3.nabble.com/
http://apache-pivot-users.399431.n3.nabble.com/

Chris