pivot-user mailing list archives

From Pavan Vadavalli <pavan.vadava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MDI Kind of implementation simulating JDesktopPane
Date Mon, 14 Mar 2011 07:22:19 GMT
Hi

Trying to accomplish the below

Have enabled the minimize button from FramTerraSkin
Tried to create Mainwindow by adding Table with one Column and fundamentally
two rows,
Added a Panel to the Row and tried to add a Frame to this Panel
This is throwing below Error

java.lang.IllegalArgumentException: Window parent must be null or display,
cannot be org.apache.pivot.wtk.TablePane
    at org.apache.pivot.wtk.Window.setParent(Window.java:460)
    at org.apache.pivot.wtk.Container.insert(Container.java:151)
    at org.apache.pivot.wtk.Container.add(Container.java:131)
    at org.apache.pivot.wtk.TablePane$RowSequence.insert(TablePane.java:469)
    at org.apache.pivot.wtk.TablePane$RowSequence.add(TablePane.java:448)

I guess Since Frame is itslef a Window this is no supported.

Basically i want to add multiple Frames to the main Window and at the Bottom
Task Bar to manage the Navigation of these windows ( Minmize, maximize)

Can you help me out what is going wrong here.
Attached is the BXML