pivot-user mailing list archives

From Bill van Melle <bill.van.me...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: KeyListeners on ImageView
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 02:18:16 GMT
Wow, this thread arrived just in time for the related question that I just
ran into.  As best I can tell, Window has the same problem -- it's a
container, and hence not focusable.  That seems to mean that if I want to
have any global keyboard shortcuts, I have to go implement a FocusableWindow
and FocusableWindowSkin, right?  This seems wrong somehow, especially since
top-level windows have a very well-known sense of focus bestowed by the
window system.  Why should everyone have to roll their own?  Am I missing
anything?

(Well, looking at your example, I see that
implementing Application.UnprocessedKeyHandler might do the trick for the
top-level app, but what if I generate additional top-level windows and want
them to have shortcuts, such as Esc to close them?)