pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Applying a style to all elements of a control
Date Tue, 22 Mar 2011 20:52:26 GMT
Yeah, I think your CSS analogy works.  The XHTML side of things would map to
Pivot's Component graph (which may or may not be built or instantiated using
BXML files), and the stylesheets are like the CSS used to style them.

If you dig around in the relevant source, you might be able to rip out the
code to just build your own named style map & typed style map (rather than
using the static ones in Component) and then load and apply those styles as
you required.

You might need to extend or modify BXMLSerializer so that it uses your
named/typed styles in preference to any global ones, and then you would use
that custom BXMLSerializer to load your BXML file and apply the styles that
you need on a file by file basis.  (Or just have the BXMLSerializer look for
a style file matching your naming convention, load that and use it when
building the object graph)

Chris