pivot-user mailing list archives

From Bill van Melle <bill.van.me...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: KeyListeners on ImageView
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 23:38:08 GMT
Yeah, this thread is getting a little long.  But can I try wrapping up with
2 little things?

I just looked at your version of the app and believe that it is behaving as
> Pivot intended.  If there is a focused Pivot Component, it will receive
> keyboard events.  Pivot does not track active Windows and focused Components
> separately for each Display.

That seems broken.  Should I file a bug report?

However if you put some simple logic into a custom UnprocessedKeyHandler you
> could ensure that it wont process anything if there is a focused Component,
> or perhaps that it won't process if the focused Component is not in the
> active OS window.

Is there a way I can determine that?  I can find no
Display.getActiveDisplay() analogous to Window.getActiveWindow().  I was
already looking for such a method once you mentioned that Display can also
have a key listener, since redirecting to the active Display instead of the
active Window seems like a straightforward way to get what I want.