pivot-user mailing list archives

From Bill van Melle <bill.van.me...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: KeyListeners on ImageView
Date Wed, 09 Mar 2011 01:26:39 GMT

> Can you elaborate and explain what behaviour you would expect to see?  What
>> seems broken?

It seems like a principle of window-system focus rules that if I have one
OS-window focused (all nicely indicated by a highlighted title bar or
whatever mechanism the desktop manager uses), that keystrokes I type should
not be taken as input to some other OS-window.  I don't think most users'
internal model of a window system goes any deeper than that (of realizing
that different windows are collectively owned by some app and might have a
single notion internally of focus), and I can't think offhand of any
application I've run into that violated this principle.

The behavior I'd want to see is that keystrokes go to a component in the
focused OS-window, or if there is no focused component therein, that they
are sent to the key listener, if any, of the Pivot Display that is hosted in
that OS-window.

Thanks for the suggestions about Display handling.  I'll look into whether
that will do the trick.