pivot-user mailing list archives

From Pavan Vadavalli <pavan.vadava...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: MDI Kind of implementation simulating JDesktopPane
Date Sun, 20 Mar 2011 09:58:54 GMT
Hi Chris,
Thanks for Prompt response.

I would like to a Multiple Document Interface Kind of interface with a
Parent Window divided into three parts.
1. Menu Bar
2. Main Display area
3. Task bar .
The Main display area can hold many Frames whihc has Minimize button and
minimize button press would iconify the window to task bar and click on this
icon would put the window back onto the display area.

Main issues concerning for me .
1. How to Create this fixed length divided partitions to the main area.
2. How can i create a generic container kind of environment that can hold
all the Frames that i can add at runtime and manage the window
events,especially considering that in general the containers in Pivot is not
designed to add Windows.

I believe above requires me to extend existing classes of pivo for achieving
the above functionality.
I need your guidence here to know at a high level  of the classes involved
and  extension points in them so that i can finish this as per Pivot coding
and Development standards.

THanks and Ragards,
Pavan