pivot-user mailing list archives

From Bill van Melle <bill.van.me...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: KeyListeners on ImageView
Date Sat, 05 Mar 2011 07:36:29 GMT
> Could you clarify what you mean by 'top-level windows'?
> http://pivot.apache.org/tutorials/windows.html

Sorry, that was my shorthand for "org.apache.pivot.wtk.Window opened on a
Display object", thus corresponding in an obvious way to a window-system
window.  So you interpreted me correctly.

> Yes, I think there is a 1:1 relationship between an OS WIndow and a
> Display.  If the OS window has focus, but no Pivot Component inside of it
> has focus, the Application.UnprocessedKeyHandler will get the key presses.

which, of course, being in Application, is far removed from the window being
opened by some random other part of the program.  Of course, if
the UnprocessedKeyHandler passed along the Display on which the key was
pressed, it might still be usable (albeit clumsy) for what I want, but it
doesn't.  Which also means that, unless UnprocessedKeyHandler only gets
called on the app's "main" display (and not for *every* Display as you
suggest), I don't see how one could ever use it in a multi-OSWindow
application.