pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: TextInput and Validator issues
Date Sun, 06 Mar 2011 20:38:09 GMT
I don't have the source in front of me but I think that the main issue here
is that the strict validation of TextInputs doesn't work properly due to it
processing text replacement as 2 separate operations.
 TextInputContentListener will preview and possibly veto the text removal
before then previewing and possibly vetoing the text insertion.

http://pivot.apache.org/2.0/docs/api/org/apache/pivot/wtk/TextInputContentListener.html

If so, it shouldn't be too hard to calculate what the resulting string would
look like after a combined (remove + insert) operation, and then pass that
to the validator.  Without access to the source though, I can't be sure.

Chris