pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: KeyListeners on ImageView
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 03:43:30 GMT
On 8 March 2011 09:38, Bill van Melle <bill.van.melle@gmail.com> wrote:

> This seems like a clever solution.  I'm not sure it quite works right,
> though. When I run your example, if I set the window system focus to the
> other display, without clicking inside one of the  windows inside the
> display, it appears that Pivot's focus doesn't change --
> Window.getActiveWindow is unchanged, and it still has its frame decorated as
> the focused window.  Seems to me that Pivot's notion of the active window
> really ought to always be within the OS-focused display.

Multiple Displays are a relatively new feature in Pivot.  I'm sure their
introduction will in turn introduce some subtleties that need addressing.

My gut reaction is to agree that Pivot's active window should perhaps change
as the OS window focus changes (when there are multiple displays), but that
might be best left to the app developer unless there are clear and obvious
rules that could be agreed upon.

The keyboard forwarding could take into account which OS window was active,
but in this example was just a quick and dirty test to show any kind of
forwarding, and not intended to be a complete solution.

When I played around with your example, substituting a focusable component
> (TextInput) for ImageView in one of the displays, or making the displays
> host a single, maximized window (my standard use case), I got even weirder
> behavior, such as input going to one subwindow even after clicking the frame
> title of a different subwindow or even the other display.  See the attached
> revision of your App file.

I didn't test the app other than to see that it was possible to grab the
active window and redirect keyboard activity, with a focus (if you can
excuse the pun) on unfocusable Windows.  I'll try to have a look at the
behaviour you describe later today.

I have been playing around a little more with multiple displays and have
been jotting down some notes which I'll put in an email to the dev list
sometime in the near future.

Chris