pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: KeyListeners on ImageView
Date Tue, 08 Mar 2011 12:37:35 GMT
> This seems like a clever solution.  I'm not sure it quite works right, though. When I
run your example, if I set the window system focus to the other display, without clicking
inside one of the  windows inside the display, it appears that Pivot's focus doesn't change
-- Window.getActiveWindow is unchanged, and it still has its frame decorated as the focused
window.  Seems to me that Pivot's notion of the active window really ought to always be within
the OS-focused display.

Though it is common for the active window to contain the focus, "active" and "focused" are
actually two separate properties. The active window does not necessarily need to contain the
focus, nor does the window that contains the focus need to be the active window.

Also, the primary use case for createDisplay() was to allow an application to use native frames
instead of Pivot's internal frames. While it is obviously possible to host a Pivot frame in
a new display frame, the assumption was that most displays created using createDisplay() would
be used to host maximized undecorated Pivot windows.