pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: KeyListeners on ImageView
Date Thu, 03 Mar 2011 12:41:09 GMT
Like other containers, windows will receive key events sent to their descendants if the events
are not consumed.

On Mar 2, 2011, at 9:18 PM, Bill van Melle wrote:

> Wow, this thread arrived just in time for the related question that I just ran into.
 As best I can tell, Window has the same problem -- it's a container, and hence not focusable.
 That seems to mean that if I want to have any global keyboard shortcuts, I have to go implement
a FocusableWindow and FocusableWindowSkin, right?  This seems wrong somehow, especially since
top-level windows have a very well-known sense of focus bestowed by the window system.  Why
should everyone have to roll their own?  Am I missing anything?

> (Well, looking at your example, I see that implementing Application.UnprocessedKeyHandler
might do the trick for the top-level app, but what if I generate additional top-level windows
and want them to have shortcuts, such as Esc to close them?)