pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: How to open two windows
Date Mon, 07 Mar 2011 13:05:02 GMT
>> Did you try modifying DesktopApplicationContext to return a HostFrame instead of a
HostDialog when modal = false?

> I think I tried something like that (my experiments in that direction were
> several days ago and I didn't get the results I wanted so I kinda lost track
> of the details during the abandonment... ).

I'd give that another shot. The code in createDisplay() is pretty simple so you should be
able to see where it would fit pretty easily.

> What I REALLY meant by "cleaner" and "well integrated" is advice on how to
> (re)write my modifications to the DesktopApplicationContext class so they
> are "more betterer."

That's what my suggestion was meant to be.  ;-)

> Perhaps some other class altogther?  Perhaps a new
> flag argument to createDisplay(...)?  (Why not even one more??)

What might such an additional argument do? If, for example, it is a boolean "frame" argument,
it wouldn't be compatible with modal. That's not necessarily a show-stopper, but does suggest
that maybe a single flag (modal) should be used to determine whether a native frame or a native
dialog is opened.