Roger,

Greg is probably best placed to answer your organizational/best practice questions.

Have you experimented with explicitly supplying the Resources to BXMLSerializer?
http://pivot.apache.org/2.0/docs/api/org/apache/pivot/beans/BXMLSerializer.html#setResources(org.apache.pivot.util.Resources)

Would you be able to provide a simple example app to demonstrate the binding issue? Something that correctly loads & binds to classes from a.b.c, but not a.b.c.d.

Can you get binding to work in this scenario if you call bind() yourself?
http://pivot.apache.org/2.0/docs/api/org/apache/pivot/beans/BXMLSerializer.html#bind(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Class)

Chris