pivot-user mailing list archives

From Greg Brown <gk_br...@verizon.net>
Subject Re: Pivot integration with other java frameworks
Date Wed, 02 Feb 2011 15:27:06 GMT
It is certainly possible to use Spring and Hibernate in a Pivot application - however, it may
not produce the best architectural design. These libraries are generally designed to be used
on the server, whereas Pivot code runs on the client. You may be better off using Pivot's
web query classes to call into Spring/Hibernate-based services provided by a server.

On Feb 2, 2011, at 4:50 AM, Salvador Benimeli wrote:

> I just started learning about Pivot but I am a bit confuse about using it . My question
is: how does Pivot integrates with other java frameworks? For example, is it possible to use
Pivot with the spring security framework  to provide authentication and access control ? Is
it easy to integrate with Hibernate ?

> I ask these questions because I was planning to build a web application with tapestry
but I like more the user interface that is possible to built with Pivot. I would like to built
that application completely in Pivot like a desktop application but is not clear to me if
I could use for example the spring security framework to provide user authentication and access
control.