pivot-user mailing list archives

From "Roger L. Whitcomb" <Roger.Whitc...@ingres.com>
Subject Class loading question
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 23:52:03 GMT
Hi all,

                Let me see if I can even ask this question
intelligently:

-          I've got a package hierarchy where my main program lives in
package "a.b.c".  In this directory I have Main.java, Main.json (with
the resources) and some "g.bxml" files.

-          In this main program I have a helper function that loads an
object from a "bxml" file and binds to whatever object you give it.  It
uses a.b.c.Main as the class and a.b.c.Main for the resources.

-          There is a "Sheet1.java" that loads "sheet1.bxml" (all
residing in "a.b.c" package) and all works fine and the @BXML variables
get set correctly.

-          Now I introduce a "a.b.c.d" package and want to load a
"dialog.bxml" from this directory from "Dialog1.java" (a.b.c.d.Dialog
class) using my same helper function (from a.b.c.Main).  First off,
using a name of "d/dialog.bxml" loads the file fine and I can see it on
screen, BUT none of my @BXML variables inside "a.b.c.d.Dialog" get set,
and I get no errors or exceptions.

-          Fine - I'm thinking it's just a package problem, so I copy
the helper function into Dialog.java and try to use the same resources
from "a.b.c.Main" and it starts giving me "Can't find resource for base
name a.b.c.d.Dialog, locale en_US" messages.  Okay, so I have to move
the resources into there too, which means more initialization, etc.,
etc.

So, I guess my question is this:  what is the best way to organize the
markup files and resource file(s) in this package hierarchy?  And what
is the "right" way to use the class names to load resources and send to
the BXMLSerializer so that my annotated variables get set correctly?
Should I always pass the same class name to the serializer (and hence
put the resources and bxml files in the same directory(ies)) as the Java
classes?  If I want to put stuff in a common places (or places) where
should that be?

Am I making sense here or is more detail needed?  Thanks much!

Roger Whitcomb

Architect, Engineering

Ingres Corporation

roger.whitcomb@ingres.com <mailto:roger.whitcomb@ingres.com>

PHONE +1 650.587.5596

FAX +1 650.587.5550

www.ingres.com <http://www.ingres.com/>

This transmission is confidential and intended solely for the use of the
recipient named above. It may contain confidential, proprietary, or
legally privileged information. If you are not the intended recipient,
you are hereby notified that any unauthorized review, use, disclosure or
distribution is strictly prohibited. If you have received this
transmission in error, please contact the sender by reply e-mail and
delete the original transmission and all copies from your system.