pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: GetQuery doesn't return over sleep (MacOS)
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 19:49:24 GMT
Bill,

Yeah, I was also wondering the best way to deal with that side of things.
 Can you reproduce the issue on any public accessible webservices?  If not,
a Tomcat servlet should suffice.

Perhaps it would be simpler if first you could try to see if a non-Pivot
version fails in the same way?  If it doesn't then it suggests that the
problem is in the Pivot codebase and not just to do with Java's (or the
OS's) handling of power states.  I was thinking of something along the lines
of making the connection to your existing web service, putting your Mac into
a sleep state, waking it up and checking the connection again.  Creating an
example for JIRA may involve more effort.

I would like to be able to rule out (or in) a few things one way or another.

Things like
- does this just occur with Pivots web classes or with the underlying Java
ones too
- is the problem on the client side or the server side (or in the middle if
a proxy is used)
- does the duration of the sleep matter and does it also occur with
hibernation (Do Macs hibernate?)

As I mentioned, I am not familiar with the org.apache.pivot.web package, or
these java.net methods for that matter!  So don't hesitate to point out if I
am suggesting something stupid or that would take a great deal of effort on
your part   :)

Chris