pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tooltip not in main window
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 14:46:45 GMT
That is what I came up with too, just based on a quick look at the
TerraTooltipSkin code.
Although it sets up a mouse listener on the Display, I don't think of that
as being a problem.

You may well be right about there being a better way to achieve this though.

The only issues I saw were
- Configuring the Display used for the tooltip so that it doesn't accept
focus.
That way, the primary Pivot window will continue to have focus.
- Disabling the fade transition (but I never have them enabled anyway!)

Screenshot attached if you are interested.
(Uses most of the files in here
http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/pivot/trunk/examples/src/org/apache/pivot/examples/tooltips/
)

Chris