pivot-user mailing list archives

From Gerrick Bivins <gbiv...@objectreservoir.com>
Subject Re: BXML view, and eclipse file dialog~ within an eclipse plug-in
Date Fri, 25 Feb 2011 14:41:30 GMT
Hello,
In a sort of related post, I had been working on a plugin to render/preview
bxml in Netbeans.
My first step was to develop an app that displayed some of the samples to
prove to myself that the swing/pivot integration
could work properly in the NB environment.
http://kenai.com/projects/nb-pivot

svn repo url (be warned...this was "verrrrry prototype-ish":
https://svn.kenai.com/svn/nb-pivot~trunk

With the exception of the bxml classpath issue described in this jira:

<https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/PIVOT-687>I was able to get a
netbeans app up and running that displays some of the samples and demos but
haven't had much time lately to work on it.
That said, from my experience with this, I think it would be trivial to add
a source/preview (if you've worked with netbeans this would be similar to
the source/design view that you see with a swing form) type view to support
bxml. Probably harder to implement the design (drag n drop wysiwyg editor)
view that you get for swing components but it would at least support preview
pretty trivially.

biv