pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tooltip not in main window
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 10:08:46 GMT
Ahh, I wonder if what you need is actually a little different from
PIVOT-669?

It sounds like you want the Tooltip to be visible *outside* of the native
frame.  Is that right?

Something like the image in this blog post?
http://www.devdaily.com/blog/post/jfc-swing/how-display-balloon-help-tooltip-text-java-component

I read PIVOT-669 as a fix to ensure that as much of a Tooltip as possible is
displayed *within* the visible bounds of the native OS frame (for a desktop
application). I think this would just mean translating the origin (moving
the x & y position) of the Tooltip to a better location.

Chris