pivot-user mailing list archives

From Bill van Melle <bill.van.me...@gmail.com>
Subject GetQuery doesn't return over sleep (MacOS)
Date Tue, 01 Feb 2011 01:31:37 GMT
I'm having an issue where I call GetQuery.execute, but neither
the taskExecuted nor the executeFailed methods of my TaskListener are being
called.  Should this ever happen?  It happens for me if the Mac sleeps while
the call is in progress.  There is also some other condition that does it
that I haven't quite been able to nail down.

(More info: the GetQuery is a "long poll" to a server that doesn't return
until new information is available (or a timeout passes).  When the call
returns, my program processes the result, and issues another query.
 Naturally, if the call never returns, the program stops updating -- not
good.  I'd hate to have to add logic that detects this condition and
restarts the long poll cycle.)