pivot-user mailing list archives

From Chris Bartlett <cbartlet...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: tooltip not in main window
Date Fri, 04 Feb 2011 14:54:21 GMT
As you are aware, the introduction of multiple displays happened relatively
recently.  I don't think anyone has found time to consider the new
opportunities that it might bring.  I'm sure any suggestions that you come
up with would be welcomed.

Based on my earlier hacking, it looks to be fairly simple to wrap a call to
DesktopApplicationContext#createDisplay(...) so that it also takes a
Component parameter.  That Component could be the content of a maximized
Pivot Window, which in turn would fill the newly created Display.  A call to
DesktopApplicationContext#sizeHostToFit() would then tidy things up.

That could then be used to handle your example of opening a FileBrowser in a
new Display.

Chris