pivot-user mailing list archives

From Bill van Melle <bill.van.me...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSONSerializer and Collections
Date Mon, 07 Feb 2011 21:15:48 GMT
Yeah, we had a long exchange (and some bug fixes) about this a couple months
ago.  Java's type erasure means you can't get a Class object specialized to
your type, so there's a crufty workaround using a pivot utility class, which
I think goes like this:

  Type type = (new TypeLiteral<ArrayList<Person>>() {}).getType();

after which you can do new JSONSerializer(type).

Alternatively, you can create a trivial class:

  class ListOfPerson extends <ArrayList<Person> {
  }

and then do new JSONSerializer(ListOfPerson).