pivot-user mailing list archives

From Adam Perer <adam.pe...@gmail.com>
Subject Using AWT Components side-by-side with Pivot Containers
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 16:03:46 GMT
Hello!

I understand it is not possible to embed AWT components inside a Pivot
container.  One solution mentioned on this mailing list is by perhaps adding
the AWT component to the host window.
However, I am unable to get this to work in practice.  For instance, I have
put code similar to the following in the startup method of my Pivot
Application:

java.awt.Window hostWindow = display.getHostWindow();
myAWTComponent foo = new myAWTComponent();
hostWindow.add(foo);

However, I am unable to see foo, as the Pivot window seem to take up the
entire host window.  Do you have any tips so that I can get my Pivot UI and
my AWT component to work together?  In practice, I am trying get the
Processing.org visualization framework to work alongside the beautiful Pivot
GUI.

Thanks!
   Adam