pivot-user mailing list archives

From Simon Chatelain <schat...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Charts
Date Tue, 08 Feb 2011 11:09:51 GMT
Hello,

I am also using JFreeChart in my Pivot application, and I needed to have
direct access to the JFreeChart inside the JFreeChartViewSkin. What I did is
to add a new ChartView class and the associated ChartViewSkin, I also had to
modified the JFreeChartProvider to take into account my new class.

And then in the ChartViewSkin a just added a "public void
setJFreeChart(JFreeChart chart)" method. So I am able in my application to
create the ChartView, put it in a Pivot container (Border, BoxPane or
whatever), create and set up the JFreeChart using any of the features of
JFreeChart and set it to the ChartViewSkin by using
chartView.getStyles.put("JFreeChart", chart).

Maybe not the cleanest way of doing this, must certainly less time consuming
than improving the wrapper to make all the JFreeChart features available.

Hope that help.

Cheers

Simon