pivot-user mailing list archives

From Philippe Lhoste <Phi...@GMX.net>
Subject Multiple selections in List
Date Thu, 03 Feb 2011 21:26:31 GMT
I just compiled the lists tutorials rewritten in Scala (needs a little
more work to be complete), and I was surprised that I cannot do multiple
disjoint large selections. Same behavior in the online applet.

Let me explain: in most lists/tables I use, be it in Windows Explorer
(list of files), Thunderbird (list of messages), Java's JTable and so
on, I can click on an item to select it (exclusively), then Shift+click
to select a range, then Ctrl+click beyond the last place, resulting in a
range and one distinct item selected.
So far, that's the behavior of Pivot.
But in the above lists, I can further do a Ctrl+Shift+click below to get
two ranges. In Pivot, it just selects between the first click and the
last one. :-(

Is it intended or just an overlook? In the latter case, is there any
chance to see this fixed? It is typically the small (?) task one can
attack to scratch their own itches, but I need to improve my Pivot
knowledge before daring to fix code there.

In case I wasn't clear:

aaaa
bbbb <-- click
cccc  |