pivot-user mailing list archives

From Sandro Martini <sandro.mart...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JSONSerializer can't deserialize to BigDecimal
Date Thu, 10 Feb 2011 16:03:31 GMT

Hi Greg,
you have reason, the original post has still not been accepted by our
mailing lists ... I put here just for reference:

>Hi,
>
>I've been developing using Pivot 2.0 for about 3 weeks now.
>In a serialize-deserialize test using my bean class with some BigDecimal
fields, I've found an issue where JSONSerializer would serialize them
without problems but throws an IllegalArgumentException "Unable to coerce
double to BigDecimal" during deserialization.

>I've traced the exception to BeanAdapter.java , line 916. Looking at the
code, I see that BeanAdapter has no else-if for BigDecimal type.

>I may suggest a handler/delegate interface for BeanAdapter to allow
developers to override the handling BeanAdapter.coerce() after exhausting
all of its if-else logic.

And related issue should be these:

Of course your comments are welcome :-) ...

Bye,
Sandro